Friday, December 5, 2008

FAQs

Q: When will my relocation lump sum be paid out?
A: 30 days after you start employment at Cisco.

Q: Is the relocation lump sum subject to tax?
A: Yes, expect about 40% to be taken out for taxes. You can claim relocation expenses at the end of the year when you file taxes if you keep all receipts.

Q: Can you tell me which apartments I should live in?
A: Due to liability issues, we can’t give you direct recommendations. The best we can do is provide popular areas to live to help you narrow down your search.

Q: Can Cisco set me up with a hotel for a few days while I figure out where to live?A: Unfortunately, no. You are responsible for any hotel arrangements or temporary housing - it’s up to you how you want to utilize your relocation!

Q: How will I move all my stuff?
A: Again, this is up to you. Some new hires want to maximize their relocation lump sum by renting a UHaul and driving out to their selected location. Others might choose to ship their necessities and fly out.

No comments: